Written for fashion design, apparel, and patternmaking students and professionals, this user-friendly bestseller teaches the different methods and principles involved in draping fabric on a dress form. The Art of Fashion Draping, 4th Edition, is organized from basic to advanced topics and includes a wide variety of styles. More than 500 new two-color illustrations reflect current designs and visually spell out every step of the draping process.
- Step-by-step draping instructions and illustrations
- Objectives listing techniques covered in each chapter
- Checklists to evaluate and analyze designs
- Cross-referencing of techniques across chapters
New to This Edition
- Two-color design highlighting each draping step
- A new chapter on fitting methods that explains how to evaluate garments and correct common problems
- Updated and expanded chapters on pants and knits
- Added intermediate and advanced design variations that integrate contemporary designs with time-tested classics
Instructor's Guide Available.