With hundreds of step-by-step illustrated instructions and a user-friendly, stay-flat format, Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics provides emerging fashion designers with comprehensive information on how to draft patterns for popular cut-and-sew stretch knit fabrics such as jersey and knits with spandex.
After covering the basics of knits and techniques for gauging stretch capacity, Julie Cole introduces a unique, simplified approach to drafting slopers using hip and top foundations. She then provides information on converting, drafting, grading, and reducing patterns for proper fit in four categories of stretch. The book proceeds to drafting slopers and patterns for tops, dresses, jackets, sweaters, cardigans, skirts, pants, lingerie, swimwear, and activewear.
Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics is ideal for students with basic or intermediate design, patternmaking, and sewing skills for any course in which students design and draft patterns for knits; or courses that incorporate both knits and woven fabrics.
- Accurate and simplified system for patternmaking with stretch knit fabrics with easier to follow approach than other books
- Each chapter includes
- Key terms
- Highly-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Three types of boxes: 'Important,' 'Pattern Tip,' and 'Stitching Tip'
- End of chapter features 'Knit it Together' checklist, 'Stop! What Do I Do If...' troubleshooting tips, and 'Self Critique' review
- More than 900 technical drawings with color accents and 100 photographs of sewn samples on the dress form