Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, Patternmaking for Fashion Design offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking.
Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles–dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring–it provides students with all the relevant information necessary to create design patterns with accuracy regardless of their complexity. Some innovative, new information in this book include:
- Updated with modern, cutting-edge sketches and designs.
- Ribbing added to the knit section of Chapter 27.
- More materials on children's wear and swim wear.
- Knock offs.
- Fitting corrections
- Advanced design projects
- A practical introduction to patternmaking
- Complete coverage of the three steps of design patterns: dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring.
- Chapter projects