Fashion Flats and Technical Drawing is a step-by-step workbook for learning technical drawing and flat sketching skills. With more than 500 hand-drawn and CAD-rendered flats and 100 photos of finished samples showing how a sketch translates to a 3D garment, the book covers a range of garments and construction details used to communicate fashion designs for portfolios and production. Abling and DaCosta progress from basic design construction details such as darts, gathers, and trims to essential garment styles including skirts, tops, dresses, pants, jackets and coats. The book includes unique coverage of presentation of flats in a portfolio and critical step of preparing flats for a technical package and productions. Downloadable figure templates and flats library are available online. This book is an essential resource for fashion designers to learn technical drawing skills that effectively communicate fashion design concepts.
· Shows front-view and back-view flats, select side-view and 3/4-view flats, plus variations for menswear and childrenswear
· Covers basic CAD techniques, how to use the pen tool, and methods for translating hand-drawn flats to digital drawings
· Guest Artist features showcase professional designer styles for flats to inspire creativity
· Practical format includes lay-flat spiral binding and drawing practice pages with grids and figure templates
Fashion Flats and Technical Drawing STUDIO
· Download figure templates and basic garment flats that can be used in different CAD programs or printed out for reference or practice
· Access extra drawing exercises and project using women's, men's, and children's flat figure templates
· Review concepts with flashcards of essential fashion vocabulary
· The Instructor's Resources include sample course syllabi, test questions, visual quizzes and grading guidelines.
This bundle includes Fashion Flats and Technical Drawing and Fashion Flats and Technical Drawing STUDIO Access Card.